Rendering and Scripting Movies
Loading the Scripting Plugin: Click on "Scripting" under the "Render" menu.
'Making a Script File'
To begin a new script file click the NEW button. Click the ADD button to add a key frame to the bottom of the script when the screen is displaying the desired view. Continue adding key frames from the desired views. The sequence of the key frames can be altered by using MOVE UP and MOVE DOWN. If INSERT is clicked, it will add a key frame below the currently selected position. The REMOVE button will delete the selected position and REMOVE ALL will clear the entire script.
To save a script file, click SAVE. To retrieve a saved file, click OPEN. To add an existing script file to the current script shown, use the APPEND button.
- Loop Animation will repeatedly play the script if turned ON.
- Forward & Reverse Play will play the script through once and then will play it back in reverse order.
- The Duration of Entire Animation will set the length of time in seconds that the script will play.
- Initial and Final freeze frame times will suspend the respective key frame for the specified time in seconds during loop animation.
- The Animate Earthquakes While Rendering Movie checkbox allows the user to play an earthquake sequence during the rendering process.
- Selecting Automatically Play Current Selected EQ Catalog will animate the sequence of earthquakes in the timeframe designated for the movie being rendered.
Once a script file has been made, it can be saved as a movie by clicking the RENDER button. A new window will appear with saving options for the movie. Movies can also be compressed by selecting the COMPRESS MOVIE checkbox and the quality can be adjusted on the bar below.
The BATCH PROCESS checkbox allows a movie to be rendered once, but saved in many different qualities. Once a desired quality has been established, click the ADD button. To delete a particular quality in the batch, select it and click the REMOVE button. The movies will be saved as the input title_[quality percentage].mov. To begin rendering, click SAVE.
Once rendering has begun, any changes made to the display window will appear in the movie. Rendering can be temporarily paused for changes to be made by clicking PAUSE and will continue rendering when RESUME is clicked. STOP will cancel the render process.