STUDENT RESEARCH GRANTS
Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society will begin accepting student grant applications through the Grant-in-Aid of Research Program beginning August 15, 2010. Applications are accepted in all fields of science and engineering. The application deadline is October 15, 2010 for awards to be disbursed in January 2011.
Additional information at: http://www.sigmaxi.org/programs/giar.
Email questions to firstname.lastname@example.org .
CALL FOR PRESENTATIONS
Undergraduate and graduate students are invited to share their research through poster presentations at the Sigma Xi Annual Meeting and International Research Conference on November 12th and 13th in Raleigh, North Carolina. Presentations will be accepted in all fields of science and engineering and awards will be given for outstanding presentations. A full announcement is included below.
Additional information at: http://www.sigmaxi.org/meetings/annual/src.shtml
Email questions to email@example.com
SIGMA Xi EVENT
On November 12-13, 2010 undergraduate and graduate students will join research scientists from North America and abroad for a celebration of research accomplishments hosted by Sigma Xi, The Scientific Research Society, the global honor society for science and engineering research.
You are invited to submit an abstract of your research for consideration to be presented as a student poster presentation. Judging categories include Behavioral Sciences, Biochemistry, Cellular & Molecular Biology, Chemistry, Ecology & Evolutionary Biology, Engineering, Environmental Sciences, Geo-Sciences, Math & Computer Science, Physics & Astronomy, Physiology & Immunology and Interdisciplinary Research.
A special award will be presented for an outstanding poster presentation on research in Food Safety and Security.
Conference activities include:
- Student research presentations to be evaluated by leading career scientists
- Interactions with eminent scientists and engineers from around the world at social events.
- Network with graduate school recruiters and potential employers.
- Special Symposium on the critical issues of Food Safety and Security
- Lectures by award winning scientists.
FEATURED SPEAKERS INCLUDE:
- Michael J. Spivey, professor of cognitive science at the University of California, Merced
- Barbara Gastel, physician specializing in biomedical writing and editing; professor of integrative biosciences and of humanities in medicine at Texas A&M University
- Kevin R. Gurney, associate professor in the Department of Earth and Atmospheric Science and associate director of the Climate Change Research Center at Purdue University
- Bob McDonald, host of CBC Radio's award-winning science program Quirks and Quarks
MEETING INFORMATION AND REGISTRATION - http://www.sigmaxi.org/meetings/annual/index.shtml
CONFERENCE PROGRAM - http://www.sigmaxi.org/meetings/annual/program.shtml
DEADLINE - Abstracts should be submitted by October 14, 2010 in order to appear in the conference program.
CONFERENCE LOCATION - Raleigh Convention Center, Raleigh, North Carolina.