Required Paperwork for USEIT
When you have accepted an offer to be a part of the program:
1. Download the 2013 USEIT Contract. Read it carefully, sign, and return the original signed copy.
- Keep a copy for yourself so that you understand the terms and conditions for your UseIT internship.
2. To ensure the timely payment of your internship stipend, download the IRS W-9 Form attached below, fill it out, print it, sign the first page. To be valid you must send us an original signed copy of your form.
- If you are not sure how to will out a W-9, click on the Sample_W-9.pdf listed below to see an example.
- USC will not send you any tax forms (e.g. 1099-MISC) but remember the stipend you receive for your internship is considered taxable income. It is up to you and your tax advisor to decide how this is handled at tax time
- If you prefer your stipend to be mailed to a certain address, please send along that information in the envelope as well, otherwise you will receive your stipend in hand.
3. Complete the USC Health Information Form and we need a photocopy of your insurance card. The University of Southern California requires that all students working on campus have health coverage. While on campus you will also have access to the University Park Health Center. We will provide more information about that on the first day of the program.
Before your stipend can be processed we must receive all three of these documents. We need original signed copies of the contract and W-9. Make sure to include a copy of your insurance card with the health forms. If any of the required items are missing your stipend payment will be delayed. All paperwork is due by 31 May 2013.
Send all paperwork to:
Dr. Robert de Groot
Southern California Earthquake Center
University of Southern California
3651 Trousdale Parkway, Suite 169
Los Angeles, California 90089
Your USEIT Profile
Please fill out your user profile as fully as possible. Key information includes your preferred name (e.g. Bill instead of William), your background information, and the miscellaneous information. This will aid in the first few weeks of the internship program.